This is the second edition of our newsletter Monarch Minutes. We continue to improve the Monarch developer experience. We also improved the docs, samples and website.
New Features in Monarch 1.7
1. Faster reloads 💨 🚀
Version 1.7 improves the reloading experience in Monarch. In previous versions, every change in your project would trigger a hot restart. Now, with the new version, every change will trigger a hot reload by default. Hot reloading will make code changes render much faster on the Monarch UI.
You can still force a hot restart via the new key commands.
Also, if you want to control how Monarch reloads, you can use the new
flag. See the CLI Usage docs.
2. Bug fixes and support for macOS Monterrey 🐛
This new release fixes several issues:
- Dragging on the Monarch story window with your mouse now behaves like touch drag on a mobile device. You can now test mobile drag interactions like scrolling and pull-down to refresh.
- Fixed an issue during termination of the Monarch CLI.
- Fixed an issue on macOS to better support multiple monitors with different screen resolutions.
We also added macOS Monterrey support in Monarch 1.7.
Monarch samples and docs 🤓 📚
We updated and augmented the Monarch Samples repo. The samples repo now includes several projects which showcase Monarch working with various packages, patterns and tools, such as:
- intl tools and package
- a pretty booking theme
- several other patterns like bloc, cubit, lists, provider, dialogs, animations, navigation, etc.
We also updated our docs to reflect the latest changes in Flutter and Monarch.
New Monarch videos 🤩
We updated the videos on the Monarch landing page. The new videos show Monarch in action with a beautiful UI. If you want to see the stories and code for the videos, you can get them from the booking sample project.
Meme of the Month
Join our newsletter
Sign up to receive low frequency emails on the latest Monarch updates, features and news!